Per-fluorinated polyether (PFPE)
- Lubricate Ball and Roller Bearings
- Screw Actuators
- Electrical Contacts
- Assembly Lube on O-Rings and other Gaskets for aerospace, automotive and industrial applications
IHTG #114 is a white buttery NLGI #2 grease. The base fluid is an extremely stable per-fluorinated polyether (PFPE ) oil with exceptional chemical resistance, exceptional heat transfer characteristics coupled with very low volatility, and a wide temperature service range. The thickening agent is a proprietary blend of organic and inorganic non melting lubricating solids producing very low frictional characteristics.
IHTG #114 is chemically inert, oxidative stable and is nonflammable.
IHTG #114 greases are an extremely important advancement to Frontier Lubricants line of PFPE Inert lubricating greases that now extends our thermal lubricating capabilities to 700°F.
IHTG #114 is available with ISO VG grade Polyether base fluids of 220, 460 and 680, allowing us to tailor the base fluid to meet an individual application’s RPM requirements.
Typical uses are to lubricate ball and roller bearings, gears, screw actuators, electrical contacts, and as an assembly lube on O-Rings and other gaskets for aerospace, automotive, and industrial applications. At high-temperatures IHTG 700 can withstand 700°F (400°C) for long periods of time. IHTG 700 is an ideal candidate for fill-for-life applications in the uses cited above.
Due to the chemical resistance of PFPE greases they are highly sought after in the chemical industry. They do not react with corrosive gases, liquids, or oxygen making them ideal valve lubricants. They do not react with strong acids and alkali such as fuming sulfuric acid and strong NaOH. Thus, they lubricate a myriad of chemical pumps. They are ideal in areas of pure oxygen infusion, and are non flammable making them usable in autoclaves.
IHTG 150 and IHTG 460 is a built from a micronized tetrafluoroethylene telomere (PFTE) thickener, and an exceptionally stable Perflourinated Polyether base fluid giving it the following unique features:
- Chemically Inert: They are not affected by chemicals, which attack other greases.
- Non-flammable: They will not catch fire.
- Low Volatility: The low vapor pressure yields long life at high-temperatures.
- High Volume Resistivity: This makes them suitable for electronic applications. High Viscosity Index and Low Pour Point: These properties allow them to be used at extremely highAnd low temperatures.
- No Effect on Seals, Elastomers, and Paints: They will not swell or shrink over 95% of the commercial elastomers and seals at high temperatures.
- Non-Toxic and Biologically Inert: They comply with local and Federal safety and health regulations.
- Extremely Hydrolytically Stable: They will not react with water even at high temperatures as in the case of highly pressurized steam.