PRO GUARD AW INDUSTRIAL
Multi-Purpose Machine Lubricant
No. 305 ISO 150, 220 & 320
- MOST GEAR OR CIRCULATING SYSTEMS REQUIRING AW, RO FLUID
- CIRCULATION OIL SYSTEMS
- AGMA GEAR SYSTEMS
- REDUCTION GEARS (NON-EP)
- PLAIN BEARINGS
- WORM DRIVES
Wear Guard AW is a premium quality ashless, highly oxidation stable, anti-wear lubricant, blended from extremely high VI base oils and specially selected additives. This lubricant can be used in a wide variety of applications where manufacturers recommend an R&O or AW type oil, such as an AGMA Gear Lubricant or general machinery lubricant. Special friction reducing and anti-oxidation additives make this an extremely long life lubricant (6,000 hour oxidation rate).
- Oxidation resistant (6,000 hours in the ASTM-D943 Oxidation Test): Oxidation inhibitors and premium quality base oils combine to form a product with outstanding resistance to oxidation. This feature is designed for long drain intervals and for minimizing the formation of sludge and varnish.
- Provides excellent anti-wear protection: Special ashless anti-wear additives protect against wear in high pressure pumps and other equipment under heavy loads.
- Friction reduction: Exclusive friction reducing additives provide reduced operating temperature and reduced horsepower requirements in comparison to conventional industrial oils.
- Superior rust protection: Inhibitors protect metal parts from moisture during operation and shut down.
- Demulsibility Designed to separate rapidly from water.
- High viscosity index to insure viscosity stability
- Superior filterability
Most gear or circulating systems requiring an AW, RO fluid, such as:
- Circulation oil systems
- Reduction gears (Non-EP)
- Antifriction bearings
- AGMA gear systems
- Gears requiring non-EP
- Plain bearings Reciprocating air compressors
- General machine lube
- Worm drives
Lubrication systems are constantly subjected to adverse conditions such as water, heat, long operating intervals, heating and cooling and high pressures. Each of these factors affect the ability of the system to provide maximum output when needed. Bearing, pump, valve, gear, motor and cylinder wear are very common. Gum and varnish buildup lead to poor system performance. Oil deterioration and oxidation results not only in excessive wear, but frequent overhauls as well. Deterioration of seals and Orings lead to increased oil consumption.
Pro Guard AW industrial Oils are formulated to greatly reduce this problem and provide maximum system efficiency.
- Oxidation Stability,
- TOST, ASTM D943, hr 1 – 6,000+
- ASTM 2266 Four Ball Wear Test
- 40 KG, 1 hour @ 167º F – Scar 0.4
- Foam Test ASTM D-892 – Pass
- Rust Test ASTM D-665 – Pass
- Demulsibility Test ASTM D-1401 – Pass