ALPHA SYN SEVERE DUTY GASOLINE ENGINE OIL
- All Weather Use
- Passenger Cars
- Light Duty Trucks
Alpha Syn 5W-20 anti-wear additives minimize wear and scuffing of metal surfaces under boundary lubrication conditions. The detergent-dispersant additives protect against sludge formation and varnish deposits. The anti-oxidant additive provides excellent resistance to oxidation during the higher operating temperatures common in the modern high revving, high performance, low emission engines being manufactured today. Rust and corrosion additives protect engine parts during engine operation and shut down.
Alpha Syn 5W-20 contains a unique acid neutralizing additive package that protects against the formation of acidic compounds. These selected alkaline additives give a much longer lasting TBN than regular engine oils. This higher, long lasting TBN provides protection against acid buildup and allows longer oil change intervals than conventional engine oils.
Alpha Syn 5W-20 Engine Oil provides the following advantages:
- Meets or exceeds the performance requirements of current and proposed engine oil specifications
- Protects low-emission engines from wear and deposits
- Resists soot-related viscosity increase
- Extends engine life while meeting emissions requirements
- Improves engine durability, keeping equipment in as new condition
- Allows extended oil drain intervals
- Resists thermal breakdown
- Has excellent low temperature performance
- Is more environmentally friendly PERFORMANCE CAPABILITIES:
API Service Categories:
- SM, SL, SJ, SF, SE
- ILSAC GF-4, GF-3, GF-2
- ENERGY CONSERVING
MANUFACTURER’S PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Use in gasoline engines and gasoline engines which have been converted to operate on compressed natural gas (CNG), liquefied natural gas (LNG) and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG – which includes propane and butane).
- Daimler Chrysler – MS-6395M, MS-6395N, MG-10797
- Ford – WSS-M2C930-A, WSS-M2C153-H, WSS-M2C914-A, WSS-M2C929-A
- GM – Engine oil specification 6094M
- Honda – Feb-2001 Spec
Exceeds the service fill requirements of Ford, Honda and Chrysler where a SAE 5W-20 motor oil is specified.
SM gasoline category is for use in service typical of gasoline engines in present and earlier passenger cars, sport utility vehicles, vans and light trucks operating under vehicle manufacturer’s recommended maintenance procedures for SM 5W-20 engine oil. Oils meeting API SM may be used where API Service Category SL and earlier categories are recommended.
|Viscosity @ 100 ̊ C,cSt||8.66|
|Viscosity @ 40 ̊ C,cSt||49.26|
|Flash Point, COC ̊F||423|
|Pour Point, ̊C||-33|
|Color, ASTM D1500||2.5|
|Total Base Number, ASTM D2896||12.3|
Typical test data are average value only. Minor variations which do not affect product performance are to be expected in normal manufacturing