PRO GUARD AW
HYDRAULIC AND TURBINE OIL
- PREMIUM ANTI-WEAR HYDRAULIC FLUID
- PISTON PUMPS
- CIRCULATING OIL SYSTEMS
- MODERATELY LOADED GEAR SETS
Pro Guard AW is a premium quality ashless, highly oxidation stable, anti-wear lubricant, blended from high viscosity index hydroprocessed group II base oils and specially selected additives. This lubricant can be used in a wide variety of hydraulic applications where manufacturers recommend an R&O or AW type oil. Special friction reducing and anti-oxidation additives make this an extremely long life lubricant (15,000 hour oxidation rate).
- Oxidation resistant (15,000 hours in the ASTM-D943 Oxidation Test): Oxidation inhibitors and premium quality base oils combine to form a product with outstanding resistance to oxidation and provide the maximum protection against varnish formation at both high and low temperatures. This feature will extend drain intervals
- Provides excellent anti-wear protection: Special ashless anti-wear additives provide the highest level of protection against wear and scuffing in all types of vane, piston, and gear pumps used in both low and high pressure hydraulic systems
- Friction reduction: Exclusive friction reducing additives provide reduced operating temperature and reduced horsepower requirements in comparison to conventional hydraulic oils.
- Superior rust protection: Inhibitors protect both steel and yellow metal surfaces against rust and corrosion
- Demulsibility: Designed to separate rapidly from water.
- High foam resistance: Foam inhibitors provide a high level of foam resistance to prevent pump starvation and damage
- High viscosity index to insure viscosity stability
- Superior filterability
Pro Guard AW Hydraulic Oil meets and exceeds the following service requirements for hydraulic pumps:
- Vickers 1-286-S, M-2950-S
- Cincinnati Milacron P-68, P-69, P-70
- Lee Norse 100-1
- Ford M-6C32
- B.F. Goodrich 0152
- DIN 51524 part 1
- Denison HF-1, HF-2, HF-0
- General Motors LH-04-1, LH-06-01, LH-15-1
- Jeffrey No. 87
- U.S. Steel 127, 136
- Commercial Shearing
*Also recommended for use in circulating oil systems and in moderately loaded gear sets.
Pro Guard AW Hydraulic and Turbine Oil meets, exceeds, or is approved by the following for non-geared gas, steam, and hydroelectric turbine bearing lubrication when used in proper ISO grade:
- Afnor NF 48-603 part 1 HR and part 2 HH & HL
- General Electric GEK-32568g, GEK 28143A, GEK-46506D, GEK-27070
- Solar ES 9 224 requirements for gas turbine oils
- ASTM D4304
- British Standard 489
- DIN 51515
- MAG Cincinnati, Cincinnati Machine P-38
- Alstom Power HTGD 90117 (non-geared turbines)
- Siemens Westinghouse M spec 55125Z3
- Siemens TLV 901304
- Japanese Industrial Standard K 2213 type
*Suitable for use in hydroelectric turbines, land and marine steam turbines and associated reduction gears when OEM recommends R&O or AW type oil. Always confirm that the product selected is consistent with the original equipment manufacturers’ recommendation for the equipment operating conditions and customer’s maintenance practices.
Hydraulic and turbine systems are constantly subjected to adverse conditions such as moisture, heat, long operating intervals and high pressures. Each of these factors affects the ability of the system to provide maximum output when needed. Bearing, pump, valve, gear, motor and cylinder wear are very common. Gum and varnish buildup lead to deterioration of seals, O-rings and overall system performance. Oil deterioration and oxidation results not only in excessive wear, but frequent fluid changes and higher labor costs.
Pro Guard AW Hydraulic and Turbine Oil is formulated to greatly reduce these problems and provide maximum hydraulic and turbine system efficiency.
|Oxidation Stability, TOST, hr1||ASTM D-943||15,000+|
Four Ball Wear Test
40 KG, 1 hour @ 167 F
|ASTM D-2266||Scar 0.35|
|Copper Strip Corrosion||ASTM D-130||1a|
|Corrosion test, Steel,||ASTM D-665||Pass|
|Foam Test||ASTM D-892||Pass|
|Rust Test||ASTM D-665||Pass|
|Demulsibility Test||ASTM D-1401||Pass|
@ 40º C, cSt:
@ 100º C, cSt:
|Flash Point, COC, ºF||432||440||473||504|
|Pour Point, ºF:||-27||-20||-15||-10|